Friday, November 12, 2010

What to Do?

During the tournament last weekend one of my players was hit pretty hard. I asked him if he was alright and he said "Coach I am fine, no problem". He did not show any injury do to the hit. However, the player from the other team was given a two minute penalty for Head Contact. On Monday the player's parents informed that they took to the doctor because he was complaining of a headache and the doctor said the player was suffering from post concussion headaches. Having told the players at the beginning of the season don't be afraid to tell the coaching staff if you think you are hurt I was a little disappointed. Also, having had two concussions myself I know how it makes you feel. I asked the parents to let me know the results of the players CAT scan and what the doctor says. I also told them that their son's health comes first.
   Players there is nothing wrong with saying you are hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment