Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Looking for Assistant Coaches

Last year I had no problem finding assistant coaches because one was a parent and the other was from one of my schools. This year I lost the school that the assistant coach came from and the parent decided not to coach this season. I have been looking for assistant coaches for about a month. The problem I have run into is that to coach at the high school level a coach must be certified to level three at least by USA Hockey. Some parents want to help but must get certified. When you look at the USA Hockey website for the classes in the southeastern region which Maryland is in the only time the three classes are offered are just one weekend in December.Making it impossible for someone to take all three classes. It would have made more sense for USA Hockey to offer level 1 & 2 on one weekend and level three on another weekend.
   My search for assistant coaches continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment