Saturday, February 5, 2011

An Interesting Opinion

Last night my team played a very good first period. We were behind only 1-0 at the end of the first period. We were playing a team that was higher in the standings but they were not better just more physical. my team does not respond to overly physical play to well. As the second period unfolded it was obvious the referees were not calling many penalties against our opponent. My team became frustrated with the referees. We ended losing the game but the interesting thing happened after the game.
        After the game was over one of my team captains asked if he could ask the referees why they did not make a lot of calls tonight against the other team. I said sure we can go ask them. My captain politely asked the referees why they did not call a lot of penalties. The referees looked right at my captain and said " He was right they did not call a lot of penalties on the other team and that was because they thought the other team did not deserves the penalties even though they did commit the penalties.
      The adventures in high school hockey continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment